Here’s the latest on my writing endeavors:
1) I AM writing! It’s slow, but coming along. I’ve been crazy distracted the last few months and low on motivation.
2) The current work-in-progress is a new series. I’ve spoken of it before, but to refresh: paranormal thriller, young-adult, urban fantasy — a Bigfoot Saga. It’s outlined in great detail, many many pages long. So don’t say I have writer’s block – the storyline is staring me in the face – I just need to take action and quit surfing the net so much…oops-I confessed to one of my sins aka “distractions.” I engorge myself on knowledge and reading and marketing and research and … well, you know.
3) I will return to the Unknown Touch-Werewolf Series (Book 3) ASAP…like once Book 1 in the Bigfoot Saga is completed.
4) I am SELF-PUBLISHING the Bigfoot Saga. I will focus on ebooks with Amazon Kindle, B&N Nook, Smashwords, possibly others. I will ALSO create a print version through Amazon’s CreateSpace. I am very excited about this project!
5) I plan to keep the Werewolf Series with my current publisher – as long as they will “have” me. If not (meaning if they don’t want to publish my future books – currently the Werewolf Series), don’t worry, I’ll self-publish them then.
6) These actions keep my foot (or feet!!) in “both doors”. I maintain having a publisher for certain books plus I do my own self-publishing for other books!
7) I’ll be writing way less Speculative Fiction Movie articles for Examiner.com now. Writing those articles takes up valuable time that should be spent writing my books. I can’t give Examiner the significant amount of time needed to heavily promote my articles (in order to rack in tons of article views which would equal higher pay for me). There aren’t enough hours in the day to write articles, write books, market/promote/social network for the books, take care of household stuff, etc., etc., etc.
8) I’m in the process of adjusting how I will move forward in my writing career. I’m not getting any younger. There are a few successful authors that I look up to and massively admire and respect. I’ve decided to not try and reinvent the wheel or keep flailing about in ten directions stretched out to the max. What’s that expression? Something about…insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
9) I have found an accountability partner who will hopefully keep me in line and kick my butt when needed. And who I can bounce ideas off of (storylines, character flaws, dialogue, etc.)
10) Last…I came across this awesome program:
“Workrave is a program that assists in the recovery and prevention of Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI). The program frequently alerts you to take micro-pauses, rest breaks and restricts you to your daily limit.” http://www.workrave.org/ Kim Komando (for those who’ve heard of her) recommends it…which means she checks it out for safety, performance, etc. http://www.komando.com/
And NO – I’m not getting any benefits by mentioning these two sites! But my wrists (mostly right one) hurt from typing and using the mouse and this program is neat in that it brings to my attention when I need to take a break. You set up your own time limits, etc. so it also helps keep you focused on a project.
That is all!